Victims Impact Panel of Oklahoma, Inc. (VIP), was founded on October 1, 1989, by VIP Executive Director Janella Tears. It is Oklahoma’s original victim impact panel and has been court-recognized for over 30 years. In order to legitimize VIP, legislation was passed in 1990, which allowed Oklahoma judges to order DUI offenders to attend a victim impact panel in which they would hear in-person the testimonies of those who have been directly affected by someone’s choice to drive under the influence. It is not intended to be “punishment” for the DUI offender but rather a “wake-up call” about the consequences of bad choices.
We are currently searching for a full-time Executive Director. Position duties and requirements are listed below.
To apply for the position please email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Executive Director Job Description
- Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics.
- Oversees and reports on the organization’s results for the board of directors.
- Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate revenue results, variances, and performance trends.
- Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates with operational management.
- Develop the organizational culture and promote transparency and collaboration throughout the organization.
- Works with a lobbying team to ensure all legislative ideas are put into place in order to move through the legislative process, including meetings with state department heads and legislators.
- Maintaining working relationships with organizational vendors (accountant, IT, insurance companies, etc).
- Regularly assess program and attendance data for the entire state in order to best serve its residents.
- Helps with Impact Panel planning, logistics, and execution, while additionally providing support for coordinators and liaisons to handle any situations that arise or needs that have to be met.
- Ensure all programs are covered, meeting all legal requirements, and facilities and venues are paid and up to date
- Track numbers to discover problems in certain areas
- Be able to assess different issues within each area in order to provide the best course of action
- Create documents or new procedures to ensure efficiency within the organization.
- Prepare all documents for board meetings, and work with the Chairman to facilitate.
- Provide letters to courts regarding offenders speaking schedule
- Keep up to date with all certifications, filings and other required documentation
- Help oversee all marketing and public relations plans
- Be a spokesperson for the organization both in the media and by attending various events and networking functions
- Retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and volunteers by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development for workers.
- Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of staff to ensure appropriate support of the mission and strategy of the organization.
- Onboard and train new coordinators as needed, meet with new speakers, and provide coaching on how to best facilitate a panel and share their story
- Conduct yearly performance reviews for all full time staff
- Working with other organizations to create a united front on impaired or distracted driving
- Maintain working relationships with assessors, DA’s, courts, DUI schools and all others.
- Any and all other duties necessary
- Minimum of 5 years of Leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong business and nonprofit acumen
- Excellent communication and people skills are a must
- This role works with community leaders, civic leaders, presidents, and executives to grow the organizations networks and relationships
- Must be highly organized and accountable
- Must be self-managed and driven to achieve measurable results
- Must be hands on with a high level of drive, energy, and integrity
- Must be willing to travel throughout Oklahoma